With half of fashion week completed, there are already some trends we’ve spotted in this season of collections. Here are five trends you should expect to see this spring, at least, according to the runway.
1. Seeing Red: This season, it seems like every it-show has its own salsa woman emoji. Commitment to firetruck or vixen red is a risk few have been willing to take in the past, but it seems like it’s a risk we’ll be seeing a lot of this spring.
- Spotted at: Area, Victoria Beckham, Mansur Gavriel
2. New Americana: Let’s admit it, American politics is currently anything but stable. Designers are interpreting the American dream, or at Calvin Klein, the American nightmare, with their notion of contemporary society.
- Spotted at: Calvin Klein, Monse, Public School
3. Nip and Tuck: Otherwise basic wardrobe essentials get reinterpreted with interesting folds, knots and other unique details.
- Spotted at: Dion Lee, Alexander Wang, Jonathan Simkhai
4. 2 Cool 4 School: It looks like class is in session. This season, it’s all about cliques — and we know fashion loves a good clique. From the “Plein Girls” to shows in gymnasiums, high school nostalgia seems to be having a moment.
- Spotted at: Phillip Plein, Monse, Jeremy Scott
5. Florals? For spring?: Groundbreaking. But seriously, the florals this spring won’t be basic.
- Spotted at: Cushnie et Ochs, Christian Siriano, Jill Stuart
Written by Anthony O’Baner
Images found on Vogue Runway with photography credit to their respective owners